Do you have a new home and want to make sure your doors are compliant with current safety standards? You’re in luck! This article will provide you with new home guidelines for advanced and solid doors, so that you can make sure your doors are safe for you and your family.
What is an Advanced Door?
Advanced or Solid doors are typically made from a heavier material than standard doors, and often have features that set them apart from their standard counterparts. While these doors can be expensive, they offer a number of benefits that make them worth the investment.
- One advantage of advanced or solid upvc doors is that they are typically more resistant to weathering and vandalism. This is due to their thicker construction and the use of security hardware such as deadbolts and locks. Additionally, solid wood doors often have a more authentic appearance than those made from other materials, which can add value to your home.
- Another benefit of advanced or solid doors is their functionality. These doors are often able to withstand heavier loads than standard doors, making them ideal for use in areas such as the garage or basement. Furthermore, these types of doors often have better Sound Insulation ratings, which can reduce noise levels in your home.
- Overall, advanced or solid door are an excellent choice for homeowners who are looking for increased protection and functionality in their homes. While they may be more expensive than standard door options, the benefits they offer should be weighed against those costs before making a decision.
What is a solid door?
A solid door is a type of door that has an unbroken seal between the door and the jamb. This type of door is typically used in high-security applications, such as hospitals and prisons. Solid doors are also more energy-efficient than hollow or translucent doors.
Benefits of Advanced Doors
Advanced doors can provide many benefits to homeowners, including:
- Advanced doors are more energy-efficient and offer a higher level of security.
- Advanced doors typically have a longer life span and require less maintenance.
- Advanced doors are often easier to open and close, making them perfect for people with disabilities or arthritis.
- Advanced door designs can create a more natural look in your home, while also providing improved security and insulation.
Benefits of Solid Doors
There are many benefits to using solid doors in your home. Not only are they more durable and energy-efficient, but they also offer privacy and security features that are hard to find in other types of doors. Here are five reasons to consider a solid door for your next home improvement project:
- Solid doors are more durable than other types of doors. They can handle heavier loads and last longer due to their construction materials.
- Solid doors are harder to pry open, making them a better choice for homes with children or pets.
- Solid Doors provide privacy and security benefits because they’re difficult to see from the outside and can only be accessed by people who know how to open them. This is helpful if you want to keep your family or personal information private.
4.Solid Doors conserves energy by reducing the amount of heat that’s lost through door openings.
- Solid Doors are easier to clean than other types of doors, which makes them a good choice if you have allergies or sensitivities to certain chemicals
Guidelines for Choosing an Advanced or Solid Door
When it comes to choosing the right upvc doors for your new home, there are a few guidelines you should follow.
First, think about how you will use the door. Do you need a door that can open both horizontally and vertically, or do you need one that opens only in one direction?
Next, consider the weight and size of the door. Will it fit into your doorway without obstructing traffic? And finally, take into account your budget. One of the best doors on the market can be more expensive than another, but it may be worth it if it’s better quality and will last longer.
Here are a few of our favorite doors:
The Weather Master® Classic Patio Door is a great option if you need a door that can open both horizontally and vertically. It’s also lightweight and easy to install, so it’ll fit into most doorways without obstructing traffic.
The Casement Doors by Southern Doors are perfect for anyone who wants a door that opens in only one direction. They’re made from solid wood, so they’re durable and long-lasting. And they come in several different finishes and styles, so you can find the perfect one for your home.
If you have a budget under $1,000, we recommend checking out the Door Maker® 1-Ply Vinyl Door. It’s affordable and easy to install, so you won’t have any trouble getting it set up on your doorstep.
If you’re in the market for a new home, it’s important to make sure your doors are up to date with current standards. Not only do solid doors provide security and weather protection, but they can also increase the curb appeal of your home.
If you’re planning on purchasing a new door or have any questions about what is currently considered advanced or solid, be sure to contact one of our experts at The Door Pros. We’ll be happy to help you find the perfect door for your needs!